In this episode of the Smarter Not Harder Podcast, our guest Dr. Thierry Hertogue joins our host Dr. Ted Achacoso to give 1 cent solutions to $64,000 questions that include:
WHO IS DR. THIERRY HERTOGHE?
WHAT DID DR. TED TALK ABOUT WITH DR. THIERRY HERTOGHE?
[00:00] Dr. Thierry Hertoghe is an anti-aging expert who uses hormones to balance the body for health
- There are seven neuroendocrine nexuses in the body that need to be balanced
- Melatonin is an important hormone for sleep and reducing inflammation
[00:40] Testosterone and DHEA are essential for overall health
- Testosterone reduces the risk of atherosclerosis and heart disease
- DHEA protects the immune system and improves memory
[08:31] Growth hormone can improve health, increase freshness, and reduce anxiety in people above 35-40 years
- Physiological dose of growth hormone is safe and beneficial in adult ages
- Peptides are relatively safe but not a replacement for hormones
[16:03] Peptides are not as effective as growth hormone for stimulating growth due to their effects on only one receptor.
- Growth hormone is stimulated by two hormones and two different receptors.
- IGF-1 is useful after age 50 as liver function declines.
- Thyroid hormones are important for metabolic reactions and energy and should be tested with TSH, T3, and thyroid antibodies.
[23:36] Thyroid hormone balancing improves bowel movements and intelligence
- Thyroid hormones down with age but can be balanced with synthetic or Pork diet plan
- Thymus glandular injection or Thymosin Alpha One can also help with immune effects
[30:53] Control blood sugar levels with insulin, alpha lipoic acid, and chromium
- Insulin is effective in small doses for skinny people, but must be regulated for type 1 diabetes patients
- Alpha Lipoic Acid and chromium are helpful for improving insulin sensitivity and lowering blood sugar levels
[38:31 Cortisol deficiency leads to severe health problems
- Cortisol deficiencies cause physical and psychological problems, including inflammation, weakness, and irritability
- Effective evaluation and treatment includes use of synthetic, identical cortisol and proper doses, along with anabolic hormones
[53:01] Hormone treatment has good effects if given from pre-menopause to women up to age 60-65
- Check levels and monitor that the Estrada don't go too high with testosterone
- Females with signs of estrogen deficiency (dry eyes, flat hair, tiredness, etc.) should be given hormone treatment
[1:00:01] Balancing estrogen and progesterone is crucial to avoid negative symptoms and improve quality of life.
- Estrogen and progesterone in balance improve the quality of life and decrease mortality in breast cancer patients.
- Black cohosh and other phytoestrogens can be a good strategy but haven't been tested in breast cancer patients.
[1:07:22] Spirituality and hormone balancing are essential for overall health.
- Spirituality connects the body, mind, and soul to promote healthy emotional balance.
- Hormone therapies help balance hormones leading to better overall health and emotional well-being.
[1:14:47] Incorporating spirituality in medicine can lead to potent healing power
- Thierry’s spiritual journey began after his father's death, leading him to feel the energy of the spiritual world and become sensitive to it.
- He started incorporating spirituality in his practice to reach more patients and wants to teach it to other physicians, as it is an easy way to feel the spiritual energy that's all around us.
[1:22:13] How incorporating spirituality into medicine will lead to better healing.
- Simplifying advice and focusing on the essential is important in spirituality.
- Being in tune with and taking care of one's body is necessary for spiritual growth.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT DR. THIERRY HERTOGHE:
FIND OUT MORE FROM SMARTER NOT HARDER:
Get daily content from the hosts of Smarter Not Harder by following @troscriptions on Instagram.